Arabeyes Forgoes Fedora Arabic Translation Project

Томислав Томислав
Wed Jun 30 20:25:44 UTC 2004

On сре, 2004-06-30 at 21:24, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> After much debate and careful consideration in light of the many
> emails (many of which were passionate and full of incitement), Arabeyes
> ... cut ... cut ...
> noted losing any interest in working on the Fedora translation project
> (note, the vote was 6 to 1 in favor of suspension).

This is really bad news. Can't you guys sort things out and find a
common language?
I'm a member of the Macedonian trans team and I felt I should say
something after you guys flooded the list.

If you guys are devoted to Fedora and would like to contribute, as you
did in the past, then do all the work independantly. Then send the po
files to the admins, I'm sure they will accept them gladly, if no other
way could be found. There's no point to suspend the initative after
being active for so long.

Admins, I hope you're not going to let this happen.

Arabeyes, on behalf of the Macedonian translation team, I would like to
express our full support and call you back to participate in the
project. Retreating is not a way to work in an open source community.
Things will turn OK at the end. We believe in you.

Warm Regards,
Macedonian Translation Team