About underscore

Tino Meinen a.t.meinen at chello.nl
Sun Mar 7 15:40:28 UTC 2004

Op zo 07-03-2004, om 13:27 schreef Federico Bernardi:
> May I change the position of the underscore (_) character?
>
> I saw a translation of "Prefi_x" into "Prefisso(_x)" since the Italian
> translation doesn't contain the "x".
> May I change it into "_Prefisso" for example without side effects?
Yes, you may.
You should choose a letter that is important. (often the first letter of
the word, but not always)
And ideally you should check if there is no conflict with another letter
in the same menu. (that's the hardest part).
But with the recent gtk versions, if you do choose the same accellerator
in one menu for two entries, you just press the letter repeatedly to go
to the next one.

Tino Meinen