redhat-menu Translation

Miloslav Trmac mitr at volny.cz
Mon May 3 07:40:40 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 11:30:25PM +0530, ASAlam wrote:
> I pick up fr redhat-menus.po file (wrok under FC1), I translate it and
> put it into
> /usr/share/locale/pa/LC_MESSAGES. but it again fails to start menus .
>
> or U means something else.
You have to unpack the .src.rpm, put the file there, possibly modify
LINGUAS or ALL_LINGUAS in configure.{in,ac}, rebuild the package with
this modified tarball and install that. The translations are contained
directly in the .desktop files.

[Which BTW means that there is AFAICS no reason to ship the .mo files
in redhat-menus].
	Mirek