system-config-packages branch reminder

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Sep 14 14:44:13 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 13:52 +0200, Josep Puigdemont wrote:
> On dl, 2004-09-13 at 21:03, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > Just a reminder that the version of system-config-packages being shipped
> > is (still) the redhat-config-packages-1_1_x branch and not HEAD, so you
> > need to be sure to be making translation changes there instead of to
> > HEAD.
>
> Hum, reminder? =)

This has been the case for a couple of releases now.  I thought I sent
something about it earlier in FC3, but that might have been the end of
FC2.

> I checked out the file for that branch (redhat-config-packages-1_1_x),
> and did some changes to it, when I try to commit it, I get this error:
>
> cvs server: sticky tag `redhat-config-packages-1_1_x' for file `ca.po'
> is not a branch
> cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!
>
> So it is not a branch. Is it just looked to a certain repository
> version? Does it mean that if there are more recent versions I will not
> be able to update that file?

It should be a branch...  it's definitely one now.  Somehow, it looks
like ca.po was a tag instead of a branch.  I've convinced it to change
its mind so you should be able to commit to the branch now.

Jeremy