Translations are incomplete

Keld Jørn Simonsen keld at dkuug.dk
Thu Sep 30 13:05:38 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 09:41:02AM +1000, Bernd Groh wrote:
> Keld,
>
> Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 08:00:14AM +1000, Bernd Groh wrote:
> >

> >>Hi Keld,

> >>Our apologies, it seems we have messed up some things with the switch
> >>from redhat-config-* to system-config-*.
> >>

> >It was not just that file, but 3 files in total. And before that
> >it was also more than 1 file. I just had a look at the status page, and
> >my latest 3 commits are still not reflected there, although the cvs
> >commit reported everything done. I am just worried if my translations
> >will make it for FC3.
> >

> I've checked, and the status pages reflect the cvs. There are still 3
> packages with missing translations, anaconda (2+5), authconfig (4+0),
> and system-config-users (1+1). :( I've also checked anaconda, and your
> last commit to anaconda seems to be the 23rd? And you didn't get any
> error messages on commit? Is anyone else experiencing such problems?

OK, I committed 4 files again, successfully. Lets see if they turn up in
the cvs and status page.

Here is the output of my commit:

Testing da.po...
**** Access allowed: keldsim is in ACL for anaconda/po.
Testing da.po...
**** Access allowed: keldsim is in ACL for authconfig/po.
Testing da.po...
**** Access allowed: keldsim is in ACL for redhat-config-packages/po.
Testing da.po...
**** Access allowed: keldsim is in ACL for redhat-config-users/po.
Checking in anaconda/da.po;
/usr/local/CVS/anaconda/po/da.po,v  <--  da.po
done
Running syncmail...
Mailing anaconda-commits-list at redhat.com...
...syncmail done.
Checking in authconfig/da.po;
/usr/local/CVS/authconfig/po/da.po,v  <--  da.po
done
Checking in system-config-packages/da.po;
/usr/local/CVS/redhat-config-packages/po/da.po,v  <--  da.po
done
Running syncmail...
Mailing katzj at redhat.com bfox at redhat.com tfox at redhat.com...
...syncmail done.
Checking in system-config-users/da.po;
/usr/local/CVS/redhat-config-users/po/da.po,v  <--  da.po
done
Running syncmail...
Mailing bfox at redhat.com nphilipp at redhat.com...
...syncmail done.

> At the moment, you should be able to commit to every danish file, at
> least as far as the status system is concerned.

Good. Thanks.

> >>I believe this is directly related to the size of a translation team. If
> >>you've primarily worked in smaller translation teams, then I do agree
> >>with your sentiment. I do have my reservations about the new system too.
> >>I've once suggested on this very list that we could build an exclude
> >>list, and allow smaller teams (or teams with such preference) to be
> >>excluded from the process, as such, every translator of that locale
> >>would be able to commit at any time, just as it was before the new
> >>system was implemented. I'm happy to put it up for discussion again,
> >>since there wasn't much feedback to this suggestion. One thing I have to
> >>say though, while I do have my reservations about the new system, I,
> >>personally, do very much prefer it over the system that was in place
> >>previously.
> >>

> >I think that for my language this would be fine. The team is pretty
> >small (one not-so-small person:-)
> >

> Agreed. I'll add an option for the next upgrade.

Thanks gaian.

Best regards
Keld