consistency between .po and .pot files

Pedro Morais pmmm at rnl.ist.utl.pt
Thu Feb 17 10:31:51 UTC 2005

Em Quinta, 17 de Fevereiro de 2005 03:12, Sarah Wang escreveu:
> b. I set up a cron job to "msgmerge" all locales and all packages
> (nightly or weekly)

That's the way it works in KDE (nightly, late in GMT night); I've been KDE's
pt_PT coordinator for many, many years and I never had any problems with it.

About not filling the CVS commit list with garbage, in KDE we have the a
special CVS_SILENT commit tag so that messages are not sent.
So the msgmerge commit is be ran with something like:
cvs commit -m "CVS_SILENT automatic msgmerge"
Or you could ignore messages from a certain user, the msgmerge robot.

Anyway: without the automatic msgmerge you might as well remove the status
page, it's useless.

	Pedro Morais