wow, release notes

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Nov 19 17:38:19 UTC 2005

This morning I came in to run the final build of the test1 release
notes.  It is beautiful.

Five languages in one CVS with one Makefile to rule them all.

And this was done the hard way!  Imagine when we integrate the
documentation XML into the same workbench system that is used for
translating the strings in Fedora applications.

Thanks to all involved for your help.  I'll send a proper announcement
and appreciation to the test list following the release of test1.

You'll notice that the content is the same across the original English
and the translated release notes (Italian, Japanese, Russian, and
Simplified Chinese).  To do this, we had to freeze the content and give
it time to be translated.

An updated release notes with content that is currently in the Wiki
*will be* available when test1 is released.  Once I have tagged this
content in CVS, it will freeze again for a while.  If anyone wants to
update their translation, you can do so during that freeze.  I will see
that the updated version is posted to
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/ as soon as possible.

Cheers - Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject