release notes, translation process

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 13:10:24 UTC 2005

We have this temporary translation process:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Translation

This process may change at any time.  The proper system will use a
standardized translation back-end and front-end.  You will hear more
about this new process from the translation project.

Release notes will be in XML by 24 October for translation.  All
translations must be in CVS by 31 October for inclusion in the FC5 test1
release.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Schedule

Your contribution can be incomplete, in terms of translation quality.
This is because the release notes are test quality.  We are not
guaranteeing the quality of the content until FC5 release.  Just like
the source code of FC is in test-mode, so is the documentation and
translation.

However, it is very important to have the technical points be as close
to accurate as possible.  For example, be sure that commands are 100%
accurate coming from the English source.  The documentation project is
accountable for the accuracy of those commands.

Thank you very much for your interest and contribution,

Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide