TortoiseCVS update problem

Renato Pavičić repavici at globalnet.hr
Wed Dec 20 10:27:29 UTC 2006

Dana Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:00:11 +0100, bungle bungle <bunglehead at gmail.com>
napisali ste:

> Hi, trying to Checkout translate module, I've got strange behaviour.
> TortoiseCVS updates only first folder anaconda..and then says that
> CVS update succesfull, etc. and update ends.
>
> When I try to use update command I got the same output..

You are wright. Same happened to me just now.

Is this your first checkout? Did you try to enter into "translate" and
checkout other modules one by one? (If you got them from before?)

I've never checked the files like that before (but just wanted to test
your remark). At first I fetch the list, then I choose module from that
list (i.e., "po_apacheconf"), and download only that module. This way I
don't have one folder "translate", but separate folders for each module,
so I could check them out one by one.
After checkout I delete all files, apart from POT and my own language PO.

Later on, I right-click on folder where I stored all of the modules,
choose "Search" and filter for "*.pot". After all of the available
(downloaded!) POT's are listed, I select them all, right-click them and
choose "CVS update".
When that is done, I checkout for "the green ones" (updated and merged
files), and both checkout corresponding PO and update that PO with fresh
POT.

This is the fastest and safest way on Win to work, at least the best
practice I came to think of.

BR
Renato

--
Best regards,
Renato Pavicic

mailto:repavici at globalnet.hr
also mailto:renato at translator-shop.org
homepage: www.translator-shop.org

Official Opera translator for Croatian language since April 2006