Translation FAQ needs update; CVS commands are erroneous.

Simos Xenitellis simos74 at gmx.net
Wed Jul 5 11:35:14 UTC 2006

Hi All,
There are some important typos in the Translation FAQ, CVS section.
Specifically, it says that

====
Q: I have a working account, How do I ceckout the files from cvs
server?
Open a terminal and issue following commands:

$ export CVS_RSH=ssh
$ export CVSROOT=:ext:@i18n.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS
$ cvs -z9 co translate
Q: What is the CVSROOT to check out the translation files?
CVSROOT=:ext:@i18n.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS
====

You will notice that the CVSROOT command do not specify the username.
Why is that? Well, in the HTML code of the page you will notice

CVSROOT=:ext:<your_login>@i18n.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS

Firefox does not display the <your_login> segment as it considers it as
an unknown tag.

Therefore, the above fragment of the FAQ should look like (HTML code):

====================
<h3> Q: I have a working account, How do I checkout the files from cvs
server? </h3>
Open a terminal and issue following commands:
<pre>
$ export CVS_RSH=ssh
$ export CVSROOT=:ext:&lt;your_login&gt;@i18n.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS
$ cvs -z9 co translate
</pre>
<h3> Q: What is the CVSROOT to check out the translation files? </h3>
CVSROOT=:ext:&lt;your_login&gt;@i18n.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS

It's good to fix this issue as it might give pain to new translators.

Thanks for A S Alam for helping out here.

Simos