Request for testing: DejaVu 2.7 font family

Miloš Komarčević kmilos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 22:37:08 UTC 2006

On 7/3/06, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> Le lundi 03 juillet 2006 à 11:09 +1000, Chester Cheng a écrit :
> > Below is a message from Nicolas Mailhot who's asking for testing on
> > DejaVu. Please kindly have a look.
>
> I'll try to work with the Fedora Ambassadors now to spread the word. Any
> assistance from the translators (producing a local version of the
> message, relaying it to local Fedora lists and forums) would be deeply
> appreciated.
>
> The font designers would especially appreciate testing by Arabic and
> Armenian speakers

As I've already mentioned in the report for bug #170218, the DejaVu
fonts give a more consistent look & feel to FC localised for Serbian
Cyrillic as well, and we would be very happy to endorse them and have
them as the default font in FC.

If the DejaVu ambassadors are interested, I can provide off the list
some screenies of the FC5 default Serbian Cyrillic desktop with some
problems and the improvements after DejaVu.

Regards,
Miloš