Where to bugreport missing messages in summary/desc

Bernd Groh bgroh at redhat.com
Fri Mar 31 22:12:52 UTC 2006

Göran Uddeborg wrote:

>The summary and description of "mlocate" is missing from the po files
>in desc and summary.  Who is to blame here?  Should I bugzilla the
>mlocate component or the specspo component?

Neither. I guess we should simply restart the discussion about who
should take care of the msgmerge. Looking at the master catalogues and
the pot files, mlocate summary and description are in there, and are
also in a lot of po files. Back when we discussed the issue, we, as far
as I remember, didn't reach a conclusion on the issue. What seemed to
apply though was a) a lot of translation maintainers are doing their own
msgmerge, and b) to msgmerge a file as large as specspo across the
board, automatically, is prone to causing conflicts.

Cheers,
Bernd