[Fwd: [apac.redhat.com #40420] Localization - Fedora]

A S Alam aalam at redhat.com
Thu May 25 13:34:47 UTC 2006

A S Alam ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
> hi Michael Sync

> you can join mailing list at
>
> hope that you will get answer
>
> thanks
>

> Hello,
>
> I do like to join the developer team and translation team. I have some
> questons to ask you before joining.
>
> 1) Is it possible to include my native language(Burmese, Myanmar) in Fedora?
> I found the burmese langauge in this page "
> http://i18n.redhat.com/cgi-bin/i18n-status". I have one thing that I like to
> sugest.. Burmese is not latest name for my native langauge. it's just old
> name. So, it would be great if you can change the language name Burmese to
> Myanmar.

sure, can you please provide me some link about that (showing that
Myanmar is now)
I will forward your request to change name of language
> 2) Is it possible to have the Fedora Linux Myanmar Version? If Yes, It would
> be great if you can tell in details about how can I particapate in Fedora
> Team to make the Myanmar Version of Fedora.
>
> Actaully, I have read this page
> http://fedora.redhat.com/About/Projects/translations/translation-windows/.
> But what things I'm not clear so far is that ....
>
>     - Which fonts should I use in translation?  As of now, we have no
> standard font and there is no build-in font for Myanmar in Windows and IME
> also doesn't support for Myanmar Language.. But When I did the localization
> for SharpWebMail, I used one Unicode which is I like the most.  But When I
> tried to particapate to SharpDevelop IDE for localization work, I couldn't
> join that team because there is no codepage for Myanmar Language.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N
Page contains Information regarding Translation and link related to
Translation.
you can submit you SSH DSA public key at
http://i18n.redhat.com/cgi-bin/i18n-signup/
and start work

>     - What will be the prerequistions for localization? eg: codepage or
> etc...

I think if you are able to type you native language Unicode point in
Text Editor, that
is enough, just checkout and commit files back to CVS.

> Thank you so much..and Hope you will reply very soon...

if you have any question further, please send to mailing list,
people will really help

thanks

--
A S Alam