[Fwd: [apac.redhat.com #40420] Localization - Fedora]

Renato Pavičić repavici at globalnet.hr
Sat May 27 12:12:31 UTC 2006

Dana Sat, 27 May 2006 13:14:44 +0200, Michael Sync <mchlsync at gmail.com>
napisali ste:

Try to look around for some other localization projects, like KDE, Gnome,
Mandriva, Debian... You don't have to start on that, hehhe, just try to
contact those persons. Maybe they can help you with fonts on Linux?

Or is there something like semi-centralized and generalized localization
project? There was one for Croatian language (mine own), but is heavely
outdated.

Try to contact some local companies that use Fedora (or any Linux), like
banks, shops, markets...

You may even try to approach them with idea of localizating Fedora, and
ask for some kind of sponsorship. If there is no existent localization of
any kind fo r your language, I beleive that you could find someone. Do not
ask for to much, just some practical help. Like testing of translation and
font on real people (end-users). Maybe eve to try Army? Air force? They
always have sense of national pride.

If lucky (like I am NOT), you could ask for simple favors, like web-space
for localization project or funding for that, PC parts (like hdd), broad
band connection or coverage of costs...

In return they get:
- exclusive support
- gratitude from nation

Try national university or academy! Here, in Croatia, National university
was major (only) sponsor for localization project. They did provide
web-space only, but it is more then wellcomed!

Do not hesitate, cos you will be doing the same thing Linux programmers do
all around world - Linux IS free, but if you want my active and devoted
support, you will have to cover my costs. Just lower the price :)