help with cvs

anthony baldwin anthony at baldwinlinguas.com
Mon May 29 23:15:48 UTC 2006

anthony baldwin wrote:

> Hi,,
>
> I´m new.
> Signed up at the sign up and gave my key, etc.
> Trying to access the cvs, but I have absolutely no experience with cvs
> whatever (except the local drugstore chain).
> So I followed the instructions on the page indicated
> (https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-trans-list/2003-December/msg00001.html).
>
> And then saw a long list of .po files go by in my terminal.
> But I haven´t the slightest idea what to do beyond that....
> and the list was so long and went by so fast...
>
> Furthermore, I´ve never worked with po files, either.  I yummed some
> gui tools for that, so, perhaps I´ll figure that out.
> I am an experienced translator (and interpreter), but have not worked
> with software localization at all (trying to cut my
> teeth here, really, to help my favorite OS, AND gain valuable
> experience...)
> I´ve been using Linux since RH7.0 and Fedora since FC1, but am nothing
> like a linux guru/expert, by any means.
>
> I downloaded some gui CVS tools, too.  I have cervisia and lincvs.
> Maybe someone could clue me in on their use or something?
> I really have no comprehension of cvs at all....
> truly clueless....
>
> tony

I think I´m following the directions, but not getting anywhere...(where
XXXX is, I am writing the password given me).

[tony at localhost ~]$ export
CVSROOT=:ext:abaldwin:XXXX at i18n.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS
[tony at localhost ~]$ cvs -z9 co translate
cvs checkout: CVSROOT password specification is only valid for
cvs checkout: pserver connection method.
cvs [checkout aborted]: Bad CVSROOT:
`:ext:abaldwin:4534 at i18n.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS'.
[tony at localhost ~]$

If I try to use cervisia or lincvs, it keeps asking me for a module, and
I don´t know what to give it.

tony

--
Anthony Baldwin
Translator / Court Qualified Interpreter / Certified English Teacher

http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
English, Français, Español & Português
860-399-7118 / 860-235-8233