Public availability of CVS po files

Xavier Conde Rueda xavi.conde at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 16:40:58 UTC 2006

There used to be this page, that unfortunately is not updated any more :-( :

http://carolina.mff.cuni.cz/~trmac/fedora-i18n.html

2006/9/1, Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com>:
> O/H Paul W. Frields έγραψε:

> >> Paul, I did look at the cvs web frontend (darn, I should write about my
> >> searches in my questions in the first place) but did not find the po
> >> files there, only some make and spec files. Either I am missing
> >> something or I don't know what.
> >>
> >> Check it out yourself, eg. for system-config-network:
> >>
> >>   * http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/system-config-network/
> >>   * http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/rpms/system-config-network/devel/
> >
> > Ah, that's because the source tarballs are all kept in a lookaside
> > cache.  Here's a quick step-by-step -- I think these are on the wiki
> > somewhere:
> >
> > $ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/dist co
> > system-config-network
> > $ cd devel
> > $ make prep        # or 'make help' for some useful info
> >
> > That will download the source and do the equivalent of 'rpmbuild -bp'
> > for that package.
>
> Thanks for the tip Paul.
>
> Nevertheless, this is too much work for external contributors. Usually, they
> just need the pot & po files of all packages for a language.
>
> Three suggestions then, in decreasing preference:
>
>   1. Allow anonymous access of the `translate` module from the CVS.
>   2. Include a link to the files in the i18n statistics page.
>   3. Produce a nightly public .tgz with the pot & po files for each language.
>
> Are these too difficult to arrange?
>
> -dim
>

> --
> Dimitris Glezos
> Jabber ID: glezos at jabber.org, GPG: 0xA5A04C3B
> http://dimitris.glezos.com/
>

> "He who gives up functionality for ease of use
> loses both and deserves neither." (Anonymous)

Google talk: xavi.conde a gmail.com

Hackers (and creative people in general) should never be bored or
have to drudge at stupid repetitive work, because when this
happens it means they aren't doing what only they can do —
solve new problems.

Eric Steven Raymond (http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html)