Automerge .po files with .pot files !

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel ankit at redhat.com
Thu Sep 14 17:04:25 UTC 2006

Lauri Nurmi લખ્યું:
> to, 2006-09-14 kello 10:47 +0530, Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel
> kirjoitti:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to raise the issue of automatic merge of .po files again.
>> Whenever developer (package maintainer) make changes in the source
>> code, s/he make the changes in the .pot file respectively, but not .po
>> files for all languages.
>>

> The merging should absolutely *NOT* be automated.  Let's say you are
> working on a translation, and then you do a 'cvs update' on the files.
> A lot of conflicts are likely to be introduced when CVS tries to merge
> together your local copy and the msgmerged copy from the repository.
> Have a nice day manually resolving these conflicts...
>
> It cannot be too hard for a translator to do a 'msgmerge -U'
> him/herself.

Absolutely *DISAGREE* with your point. We can fix the time to run
automerge once in a day. So, that before that time everybody commit
their translation. And i hope you do 'cvs up' before starting your
translation. Doing 'msgmerge -U' on him/herself is easy if it's the case
for a single module or two modules, but what if person has to do this
for all modules.

--
Regards,
Ankit Patel