Translation freeze dates & FC6T3

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Fri Sep 15 10:54:39 UTC 2006

O/H A S Alam έγραψε:
> Dimitris Glezos ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
>> I'm not sure how this happened, but many translations that were
>> made before 3/9, did not make it into FC6T3. From the Schedule I
>> see that the development freeze is 5/9.
>>
>> I saw it at least in anaconda, -config-date and comps-po.
>>
>> Furthermore, even if devel freeze is 5/9, the translation has no
>> reason to stop at that time. At least that happens in GNOME, where
>> translation continues after the string freeze and the hard freeze?
>>
>> http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen
>>
>> -dim
>>

> Yes, I agree with you regarding this about stop translation. but
> anything done now *may or may not* get in. prodding the maintainer is
>  always helpful it shouldn't be a problem at this point if you try it
>  the week of the final freeze, then however... :)

To be honest, it was *very* hard for me to find time just before the
freeze, but I did find it and corrected mistakes in *all* the packages
so that the greek community can give us feedback from test3. It is sad
to find out that those sleepless nights were not necessary... And of
course I'm sure many other contributors might feel the same way.

The feedback we receive from the community always comes from test
releases. Especially from the test3 release.

Can we have then a point on the schedule where the translations should
freeze, so that maintainers know when they should grab a fresh copy of
the po files. I'm suppose this could be done even at the last moment.

Thanks.

-dim

--
Dimitris Glezos