Translation freeze dates & FC6T3

Nikos Charonitakis nikosx at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 14:27:43 UTC 2006

On 9/15/06, A S Alam <aalam at redhat.com> wrote:
> Dimitris Glezos ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
> > O/H A S Alam έγραψε:
> >> Dimitris Glezos ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:

> >> Yes, I agree with you regarding this about stop translation. but
> >> anything done now *may or may not* get in. prodding the maintainer is
> >>  always helpful it shouldn't be a problem at this point if you try it
> >>  the week of the final freeze, then however... :)
> >
> > To be honest, it was *very* hard for me to find time just before the
> > freeze, but I did find it and corrected mistakes in *all* the packages
> > so that the greek community can give us feedback from test3. It is sad
> > to find out that those sleepless nights were not necessary... And of
> > course I'm sure many other contributors might feel the same way.
> >
> Not all packages will rebuild, only package, which have some
> critical bugs will be rebuild, so it is good to fix translation before
> 14 Sept.
>
> > The feedback we receive from the community always comes from test
> > releases. Especially from the test3 release.
> >
> > Can we have then a point on the schedule where the translations should
> > freeze, so that maintainers know when they should grab a fresh copy of
> > the po files. I'm suppose this could be done even at the last moment.
> >

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Core/Schedule
> "5 September  FC6 Test3 Development Freeze" means String freeze
> "14 September FC6 Test3 Release" Last date to submit string
> but as string changes for anaconda and some other package, so
> you can update string as Maintainer is building package again
>
> if you find that your translation is major issue for your
> language for any package, please file a bug against package
> and ask maintainer to rebuild package or include translation in next
> rebuild
maintainers have to build all packages that contain even a single line
of updated translations.
Not included translations has always been a problem with fedora/redhat
translation project and it has to be fixed.
As dimitris pointed in his message it's not nice people volunteer
their time for nothing...

regards
Nikos