i18n CVS access

Francesco Tombolini tombo at adamantio.net
Mon Sep 25 05:21:08 UTC 2006

Hallo, my friend Guido recently has joined to the project and want translate
the fedora-install-guide in italian.
I have suggested him to get the package files from i18n.redhat.com but when he
try to get the translate module from the server he gets these messages:
[guido at xe3 ~]$ export CVS_RSH=ssh
[guido at xe3 ~]$ export
CVSROOT=:ext:gcaruso at i18n.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS
[guido at xe3 ~]$ cvs -z9 co translate/
Connection closed by 66.187.233.241
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)

The connection is closed from the server before he can get anything.
He has a Fedora account and he can "Take" packages from the status page, but
the cvs don't work.
Can someone help us to address this problem?
Thank-you in advance.

Francesco