Important, urgent: Translation of new browser splash page (only 24 messages)

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Thu Sep 28 02:55:18 UTC 2006

To all translators, urgent request:

As some of you may already know, we are trying to change the default browser
splash page of FC6 to something more meaningful, like the following draft:

  http://dimitris.glezos.com/box/foss/fc6-browser-splash/

Since this is will be the default homepage of the user's browser, every user of
FC6 will see it every time he (she) opens his browser. We really need to
localize this page **as much as possible**.

It would be great if you spent some time translating the strings of this page.
In total there are only 24 messages. They can be found in the PO files of the
release notes on the i18n CVS server. They are located almost at the top of the
POT file and are marked with "en_US/homepage.xml", like this:

  #: en_US/homepage.xml:8(title)
  msgid "Welcome to Fedora Core 6!"
  msgstr ""

Even if you won't be able to translate the Release Notes, you can translate
these messages and we will be able to provide the user with a localized version
of this page. If you did translate it, please commit the file and let me know.
If you need more help, ask away, right away. :)

Thanks for all your hard work. We are really close to FC6, so let's all put our
best effort to make this a spectacular release.

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/