informal translator survey

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Fri Feb 23 19:02:08 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika Thursday 22 February 2007
18:39:10):
> Some random questions...
>
> 1) Would you, as a translator, be OK with having to use git, mercurial,
>    subversion, or cvs, depending on which app you're translating?

1) Depending on the app, no. It would be best to just use one VCS, I prefer
svn or cvs but any of the others would do if there were good tutorials on how
to use them.

> 2) Would you, as a translator, be OK with doing all translating through
>    a web-based application?

If that would be the only way, then definitely not. I translate one PHP based
app with a web interface and it's not nearly as efficient as using my
favourite editors and a VCS.

However, a web interface might be one option, if those who want could still
use the "traditional" way.

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio
vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi