FLP mailing lists

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Fri Jul 6 14:25:31 UTC 2007

Hey all.

So in the last meeting we briefly discussed about our mailing list. The current
situation has two disadvantages:

  1. There are a lot of translators that contribute but don't want to
participate in FLP discussions. They either aren't subscribed to the list or
they just don't follow discussions. However, they *would* like to (or, we would
like them to) receive announcements for important updates, like new modules, a
new website, etc.

  2. Another group does want to follow discussions, but doesn't want to receive
development emails like bugzilla reports, and commit messages.

So for 1. there's an idea to create a fedora-trans-announce list, which will be
moderated and kept only for interesting announcements. *Every* translator will
be requested to be subscribed to this list.

The second one is less important/urgent, since we already have the l10n-commits
group, and bugzilla requests are not very often. Besides, if we do get an
-announce list, then its less an issue if some people leave -trans-list because
of its increased traffic, since we *will* be able to contact them for important
issues.

Any thoughts, ideas?

I currently lean in dealing with 1. (create -announce) but not 2. (don't create
-devel/-tools).

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos