Fedora 7 Final translation date snapshot question

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue Jun 5 03:47:54 UTC 2007

O/H Lauri Nurmi έγραψε:
> Daniel mentioned system-config-network as an example.  Maybe it's just
> me, but I don't see any kind of a Romanian translation file for
> system-config-network in either the final release, or test4.

This should definitely be filed as a bug report for system-config-network. Two
reminders were sent to -devel-list requesting repackaging, not only before
final, but also test releases [1,2].

[1]:http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-March/msg00273.html
[2]:http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-trans-list/2007-April/msg00050.html

> It is worth noting that the most recent PO-Revision-Date for any
> translation in the system-config-network package is from beginning of
> October 2006.  Anyone can find this out simply by saying:
>
> $ locate system-config-network.mo | xargs -n1 msgunfmt | grep
> PO-Revision | sort
>
> In the translation CVS, however, there are 24 files that have a
> PO-Revision-Date which is between October 2006 and the translation
> freeze date in April 2007.

The best thing would be to be able to find about these repackaging issues before
a release. So, anyone knows of a way to check whether the to-be-included RPMs
are were packaged after a certain date (probably using koji)? (CCing Jesse Keating)

The other issue we'd need to manage is strings getting added after the string
freeze date. That's much easier though and can be solved by monitoring the CVS
updates of the POT files with a script and raising a warning, or at least
notifying this list.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos