New FLP web page, translation statistics

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue Jun 12 10:30:14 UTC 2007

O/H Alan Cox έγραψε:
> cy/cy_GB is currently me, the main folks working on the Welsh translation
> absconded to Ubuntu 8(

Fixed, Alan. I've added you as the maintainer of the language.

BTW, our "Join" pages need some serious updating to be useful for new
translators. Only the Translation Quick Start Guide is really useful, but it
needs some serious updating. Only by having good welcome pages we'll stop losing
new contributors.

> You also need to know en_GB is "Special", its mostly machine processed and
> blanks for entries are often there because the original string does not
> need a translation

Even if a string's translation is the same as the original string, it should be
"translated" by copying it to msgstr. This is what the tools (every tool, not
just the WUI) expect to find there. With en_GB this is probably too much, but it
seems that GNOME does this as well:

  http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/en_GB/gnome-2-20

-d

--