Help translating some terms on rhn-client-tools

Xavier Conde Rueda xavi.conde at gmail.com
Thu May 3 12:29:14 UTC 2007

#: ../src/up2date_client/rhnreg_constants.py:45
msgid "Compliance:"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/up2date_client/rhnreg_constants.py:52
#: ../data/rh_register.glade.h:294
msgid ""
"Stay in compliance with your subscription agreement and manage subscriptions "
"for systems connected to your account at http://rhn.redhat.com/."
msgstr ""

#: ../src/up2date_client/rhnreg_constants.py:246
msgid ""
"Provisioning module: bare-metal provisioning, existing state provisioning, "
"rollbacks, configuration management"
msgstr ""

2007/5/3, Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com>:
> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 11:06:43AM +0200, Xavier Conde Rueda wrote:
> > By the way, any help on term "compliance"? Sure some people is also
> > having difficulties.
>
> In what context - in Welsh it has be translated by one of two intended meanings
>
> The first is    "in conformity with"  - eg a standard or legal requirement
>           ie    "X conforms to the legal power limit" perhaps even "obeys" in
>                 this sense.
>
> The second is   "consent to"  - "Fred complied with his bosses request"
>
> The two sort of overlap (I guess Fred is in conformity with the desires of the
> Boss)
>

> Alan

Hi Alan!

Sorry for not specifying the messages,

#: ../src/up2date_client/rhnreg_constants.py:45
msgid "Compliance:"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/up2date_client/rhnreg_constants.py:52
#: ../data/rh_register.glade.h:294
msgid ""
"Stay in compliance with your subscription agreement and manage subscriptions "
"for systems connected to your account at http://rhn.redhat.com/."
msgstr ""

So, if I understood, it's the same as "Stay in conformity with...".

Thanks!

Google talk/Jabber: xavi.conde a gmail.com