Unable to use CVS account

Xavier Conde Rueda xavi.conde at gmail.com
Fri May 25 22:24:36 UTC 2007

Hi Roy,

have you tried to access CVS as anonymous user? Check this page, you
don't need anything special but a cvs application:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/CvsUsage

Also, I think the information on these pages is incomplete, because
you also have to export CVS_RSH environment variable. If CVS fails
with:

cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot exec rsh: No such file or directory

then you will have to export CVS_RSH variable also. For instance, do
the following on the command line:

CVSROOT=:ext:mcisback at cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/docs
CVS_RSH=ssh

export CVSROOT CVS_RSH

Also, you should request membership to cvsdocs group, since
docs-common module contains some mandatory files to be created, and
you will need membership on cvsdocs group in order to create them (you
don't need cvsdocs membership if they exist for your language). See
also http://docs.fedoraproject.org/translation-quick-start-guide/en/sn_translating_docs.html.

Hope this helps!

2007/5/25, Roy Jamison <mcisbackuk at hotmail.com>:

> Can anyone help please?
>
> I want to help the translation community of Fedora, but I cannot use the CVS in command line, I have tried username mcisback at l10n.redhat.com with no success, I am sponsored and approved for cvsl10n, and approved for cla_done, cla_fedora, and unapproved for cvsdocs, but it says I do not need a sponsor.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry to waste time if it's a stupid answer, or I've missed something signing up.
>

> Regards
>
> Roy Jamison

Google talk/Jabber: xavi.conde a gmail.com