Self Introduction - Antoni Ridzki Andromeda

Antoni Ridzki Andromeda antoniathlonnt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 03:40:52 UTC 2007

Hello, my name is Antoni Ridzki Andromeda, I live in Indonesia, an
archipelago country at South East Asia, famous with its beautiful island
called Bali.

Now, I am studying at University of Indonesia. My major is Information
System, in the Faculty of Computer Science. I'm on first semester of total 8
semester. I have been using Linux since I was at Senior High School. My
university also serves as local mirror for Indonesia for any big
distribution such as Fedora, Ubuntu, openSUSE, and some other distros built
by local Indonesian community.

I may not be best in English, as the primary language used in my country is
not English, but most of lectures given at my university presented in
English. So, I know much about technical word commonly used in computing.

My goal in joining Fedora Translation team is to translate software and
documentation to my country's native language, it is Indonesia.

I think I can give good result in this job. I have working in Linux and
through that time I always read resources in English, so I know and
understand what is that mean. I really want to translate software to
Indonesia but in equal meaning. There are already translation in Indonesia,
but not all of them have the same meaning in English. And, the very
important things is the software documentation. It is the key to get
attention of new computer user, since a great deal of Indonesia cannot use
or understand English well, so documentation in Indonesia native language
will be very helpful, plus Microsoft Windows has not been release its
version in Indonesia (at least the documentation) yet. So it is a great
opportunity to conquer computer market in Indonesia.

I do this to support Open Source. I really think that Linux need to conquer
operating sysem market in Indonesia, since computer user in Indonesia is
only 10 millions of 200 millions of Indonesian. So, when a new computer
comes to them pre-installed with Fedora that is in Indonesia language, they
will be familiar to Linux than Windows.

Also, I'm looking forward to do business thing in Linux, like getting Linux
to be pre-installed in built-up computer which is sold in Indonesia.

Kind regards,
Antoni Ridzki Andromeda

--
Antoni Ridzki Andromeda,
Currently student at University of Indonesia,