t.fp.o interface

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 00:41:53 UTC 2007

Domingo Becker wrote:
> 2007/11/27, Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com>:
>> You can safely ignore the right-hand-side column called
>> "Documentation" and scoll down to see the proper docs stats.
>>
>> It's a special way of handling documentation based on the `intltool`
>> toolchain. Ideally we should use this, since it produces the POT files
>> on the fly etc, but it needs some work before it actually works with
>> our Docs toolchain.
>>
>> I went on and commented it out of the HTML for now.
>>

> Ok,  I saw the changes. Looks better now.
>
> But it still shows incorrect stats.
> See at
> http://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages/es/fedora-8
> I also read your comments to this post, saying the interface needs
> more maintenance. So, let's wait.
>
>>> Do we have to work with http://i18n.redhat.com/cgi-bin/i18n-status for
>>> the software translation ?
>
> This question is still unanswered.
The answer would be 'yes' for a while, from my understanding.
However if any package appeared there but already moved to t.fp.o must
be removed for avoiding confusion.

> I read that Translation Quick Start Guide is up to date.
> But if we can not submit modules in
> https://publictest5.fedora.redhat.com/submit/ which are listed in
> http://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages/es/fedora-8 then we will
> have to use the old i18n interface.
> But the guide doesn't cover it.
It states at the first para of Section 3 Translating Software.
"To sign up for an account on i18n.redhat.com, please visit
http://i18n.redhat.com/cgi-bin/i18n-signup/."

In same para, it also says
"This warning will probably be deprecated soon.".
I am hoping that 'soon' will be happened soonish, or happened well
before enough FC9. If so, then it might not be needed for newbies,
simple is better:) But it's just my assuming and anyone can add the
section/sub-section anytime. How you think?

> If a new translator read
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/translation-quick-start-guide/en_US/sn_translating_software.html
> and then finds out that some modules are not submittable, he/she would
> probably quit the job.
The modules not-submittable would be only the ones which it's maintainer
moved the repository to fedora.org but have not taken appropriate action
(making po files available in transifex) or the thing is just on the way.
Otherwise we can translate either in transifex or on elvis.
That is what I am understanding, but I can be wrong.
Please correct me if so.

> This is the time to get things up and running. It would give
> translators enough time to complete their work on time for F9.
Strongly agree.

cheers
noriko