im-chooser and system-config-httpd

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sat Sep 22 06:33:52 UTC 2007

Στις 21-09-2007, ημέρα Παρ, και ώρα 13:07 +0200, ο/η Adam Pribyl έγραψε:
> I tried today to submit cs.po im-chooser translation thru transifex,
> however the first time I got error about "some technical problem", second
> time I tried that it says that the diff is empty and it will not commit.
> But web repo view shows there is still old file. What's up?

I think this is fixed now. The problem was tracked by bug #297511.

> For system-config-httpd the module overview shows some untranslated
> strings, however I can not get this file. What I see thru web iface is
> completely translated. How could this happen?

The statistics page has links in green circles on the left of each
language. These files are msgmerged with the POT files and then the
stats are calculated and the files produced. You can either download the
PO file from the statistics page, or download it from the VCS.

If the stats are different from what you download from the VCS, then the
developer hasn't msgmerged and you should download the POT and msgmerge
them manually.

> Also one RFE - would i be possible to have also "Get" feature in transifex
> to download the po in selected language? I am now downloading files thru
> web front-end but this is not very comfortable and I struggle wherether I
> have correct files.

No, currently transifex does only push. But we can put on the transifex
pages more clear links to the stats page.

> The last question which is still not clear to me - how's that with those
> minus sings and exclamation marks in
> http://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages/cs/fedora-8
> What should I do with them? Or should they be ignored?

Those are problems and warnings of the international support of the
module, and the developer should know about them. So usually someone
needs to open a bug report to the package and let the maintainer know
about them to fix them.

Most of them are created because the modules don't use intltool for
extraction of the strings.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos