LANG boot parameter (cheat code)

Lauri Nurmi lanurmi at iki.fi
Sat Sep 29 15:58:15 UTC 2007

la, 2007-09-29 kello 15:44 +0300, Doncho N. Gunchev kirjoitti:
> I was looking at anaconda's translation and found that pressing
> <TAB> and adding ' LANG=bg' or ' LANG=bg_BG' or the whole
> ' LANG=bg_BG.UTF-8' starts the installer in Bulgarian. This I
> think is the only way to see how the first messages shown in
> anaconda look translated.
>
> Wouldn't it be good to include a short note to the users that
> they can change their language this way?

For a long time I've been wondering whether Anaconda supports something
like this.  Interesting to hear it is already possible.

I agree the language should be selectable as early as possible, but it
should be done through a menu rather than guessing the correct language
and country codes.  In Ubuntu, I think, the language can be chosen from
a menu right at the start.  Something similar would be nice to see in
Fedora, too.

-LN