GSoC 2008: Transifex - Federated architecture

Juan M. Rodriguez nushio at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 15:58:23 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Vasand <vasandgvd at gmail.com> wrote:

> O/H Andreas Louca έγραψε:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > As part of the Google Summer of Code, I will apply to Fedora project,
> > for an improvement to Transifex. The project title is Transifex:
> > Server-federated architecture, and it was originally suggested by
> > Dimitris Glezos, and this proposal is drafted on top of the ideas we
> > discussed with him earlier.
> >
> > I would really like your comments on this, so I can adjust the
> > proposal according to your thoughts and needs, so the project can
> > create something useful.
> >
> > Thank you for your time
> >
> >   * Common authentication mechanism (either by using OpenID for
> > example, or exposing an authentication mechanism for local user-base)
> >

> Hi! My name is Vasilis Kalintiris and I've applied for Transifex:
> Authorization and Permission Layer.
> Your project and ideas are wonderful!
>
> My goals for authorization/permission layer include support for OpenID.
> Also, my project should be
> interoperateable with Vertimus, a project that tracks the progress of
> translation workflow.
>
> As you can see there are some common goals between your project and mine.
> It would be perfect to
> have several discussions while the development of our projects in order to
> seperate and distribute
> the workload wisely.

While I won't participate in the GSoC, I'd like if my idea was heard/read:
A web based .po translator, similar to the one found in Drupal.

That way we wouldn't have to download .po files and open them in vi or gedit
and would ease things up a lot. It could be done via web, then the .po would
be regenerated.

Any thoughts on this?
-Nushio

--