F9 Countdown Translation

Alexandru Szasz alexxed at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 20:13:00 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Ricky Zhou <ricky at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> In the spirit of making our website more l10n-friendly, we want to try
>  translating the F9 release counter this time around.  Unfortunately, we
>  weren't able to just stuff all of this into a PO file, as the placement
>  of the text may need to be adjusted for different languages.
>
>  Here's how we'd like to do it:
>
>  At http://ricky.fedorapeople.org/fedora9-countdown-banner.svg, we have
>  an SVG file that you should be able to open with inkscape:
>
>  sudo yum install inkscape
>  inkscape http://ricky.fedorapeople.org/fedora9-countdown-banner.svg
>
>  In Inkscape, we pretty much just need the string: "released in ... days"
>  to be translated.  Feel free to move the number around, but there's no
>  need to change the value (please keep it with arabic numerals, since
>  we're going to be generating the images for each day).
>
>  Transifex should give translators access to upload this SVG in the po
>  directory (just save it to po/fedora9-countdown-banner.LANG.svg).
>
>  I'm really curious to see how this will work out.  It's not a *absolute*
>  requirement, but it'd sure be nice to have that part of the site be
>  translated as well :)
>
>  Let us know if you have any questions/issues.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Ricky

Hi,

I already translated this svg and created all the images and a counter
for my website, but I can't just send one svg because my language
(Romanian) has more plural forms, not just one, so after 20 I'd have
to use another plural and for 1 I'd have to use the translation for
day not days.

--
Alexandru Szasz