Reminder: Translation deadline for Fedora 9 is in 2 days (7/4)

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Apr 7 08:55:46 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 5:42 AM, Dapid Candra <dapidc at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am wondering if my language (id) will be included in Fedora 9
>  release. Seems that all module is ignoring the language, and the
>  maintainers also. Why should we do this great effort then?

Everybody working on Fedora are working hard to make Fedora a great
product and like their contributed (usually non-payed) work to be
appreciated. Please understand that if there is a bug somewhere, it is
most probably because someone hasn't found the time yet to work on it.
Reporting it as early as possible in the release cycle in a
constructive matter, is the best way to get it fixed.

>  Recently I got mails from Wade, in those so many emails he sent, none
>  is for id. I check the
>  https://translate.fedoraproject.org/module/docs-release-notes, and
>  surprise that even hi_IN, language with no name and only 6%
>  translated, got listed.
>
>  What's wrong with language id? Almost every module listed id as 'not
>  in LINGUAS file' even though I contact the maintainer directly. Seems
>  that you are ignoring us.

>From 'listed' I guess you mean the LINGUAS file, because I see the
language showing up on the stats, as Noriko pointed out. As noted in
the following FAQ entry, when a module is using such a file to track
the shipped languages, we expect the translator to add his locale in
this file upon completion. These warnings for the modules which don't
use a LINGUAS file or similar, can be safely be ignored:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/FAQ#missing-from-linguas

> Then I have another problem :(
> Is there anyway I can create the entities and submit using transifex?

Transifex has the 'common entities' module available for some time now:

  https://translate.fedoraproject.org/submit/module/docs-common-entities

If you find something that can't be submitted through Tx, please let
us know by quickly opening a bug report. For quick answering of simple
questions, you may want to use IRC instead -- Freenode, #fedora-l10n
channel.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos