Reminder: Translation deadline for Fedora 9 is in 2 days (7/4)

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Apr 7 09:05:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Keld Jørn Simonsen <keld at dkuug.dk> wrote:
>  I have been using cvs to commit translations.
>  I think the cvs moved from elvis some time ago.
>  Can I still use cvs for submitting the po files?

Hi Keld,

Please take some time and read through the following Documentation
concerning the changes we had in our infrastructure. The Translation
Quick Start Guide has been updated with instructions to create an
account andget started:

  http://docs.fedoraproject.org/translation-quick-start-guide/

The following two FAQ entries quickly describe how to get the
translation files and submit them back:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/FAQ#get-files
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/FAQ#submit

As noted in the last FAQ, you can use cvs to commit to all modules
hosted on cvs.fedoraproject.org. For the rest, you'll have to use
Transifex.

> Will my account still work?

If you already have a Fedora account, it should work (you might need
to change your password at admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts).

If you only had an account on elvis, you'll need to create a Fedora
account as decribed in the Translation Quick Start Guide. For more
information about the Move, you may want to take a look at the initial
announcement at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/FedoraModulesMove.

>  And what is the deadline today, (Which time in which timezone?)

Not sure, if the information on the /wiki/Releases/9/Schedule are
followed, it should be around 15:00 UTC.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/