to add or not ... relnotes

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 14:46:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 16:24 +1000, Murray McAllister wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 4:23 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> > We discussed adding the changes from the wiki to the release notes,
> >  given the extra timing for the release.
> >
> >  Unfortunately, we also told L10n to go ahead and work with the POT/PO
> >  from _before_ any changes.
> >
> >  Since we didn't do those changes and a week has passed ...
> >
> >  * Do we want to do those changes?
> >  * What about branching for F9 *right now* with what we have?
> >   - We could make devel available for updates and new trans
> >   - If we reach parity with F9 for translation, we update the F9 branch
> >  from devel
> >  * Other ideas?
> >
> >  - Karsten
> >  --
> >  Karsten Wade, Sr. Developer Community Mgr.
> >  Dev Fu : http://developer.redhatmagazine.com
> >  Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
> >  gpg key : AD0E0C41
> >

> Wouldn't it be better to keep the translations that are 100%, at 100%,
> instead of adding new stuff now, and possibly risk having incomplete
> translations...

I think that unfinished translations are less of a risk than faulty
information.  Honestly, there are probably *not* a lot of changes, and
the teams with 100% finished translations will not have a hard time
processing a small number of changes.  I think swift action probably
makes more sense than worrying about the extra strings.

Who will be responsible for putting these changes in?