What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Sun Dec 14 15:57:44 UTC 2008

Hello Thomas,

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008, Thomas Spura wrote:
> No! The team stays always the same!! You don't need do download the .po
> anymore and can contribute from any pc around you. Nothing else was
> meant by that??? There you need to authenicate as a translator as usual.

I never used transifex. But when I'm hearing now, that a translator needs
to download the *.po files, this seems to be a suggestion. But for myself I
don't care that much whether it's only editing or downloading at all. I'm
mostly using a source code/version control system to manage translations.

But for translators it would get more easy to translate things, which also
lowers the barrier of getting new translators. Currently, a translator IMHO
needs also much technical knowledge, not just knowing 2+ languages.

> I never wanted to replace or something else with the team, only a better
> support to translate. Or is aren't you interested in an easier
> translation? ;-)

I am definiately. More translators give the possibility, that texts get
re-read more often or corrected and fresh new translation ideas come in as
well.

Greetings,
  Robert