sponsors for cvsl10n

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Mon Dec 22 00:24:02 UTC 2008

Karsten Wade さんは書きました:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 12:31:55AM -0200, Igor Pires Soares wrote:
>> I have been a sponsor for a short time, but I already see a lack of
>> information at FAS. Sometimes I can't tell for sure from which country
>> the person is. I am giving priority for those ones who are in the queue
>> for a longer time or for the ones from my team or languages. I think it
>> is important to know who is the person before become his sponsor, but
>> FAS don't give us enough information.
>
> I think we'd have to have separate groups by language, which may or
> may not be a good idea.

"At least one sponsor from each team" would be simpler and easier.
To organize, can we add the entry of "sponsor" under the Details section
of each team?
http://translate.fedoraproject.org/teams/ja

> What are requirements to get sponsored?  For example, does a
> translator have to introduce herself/himself on the language list?  If
> so, you would only want to sponsor names you recognize from their
> self-introduction.

It says in TQSG 2.9.2 'Introducing your self';
"Post a short self introduction
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Join/SelfIntroduction/ to the
fedora-trans-list mailing list and to the list of your local team."

However current 2.6.4 'Joining the cvsl10n Group' is not clear enough.
"An administrator is notified of your application, and offers to sponsor
you. This may take between an hour and a few days. The membership
notification will be emailed to you once sponsored."

So shall we amend to?;
"All administrators are notified of your application. Introduce yourself
by following the section 2.9.2. Then your language administrator offers
to sponsor you. This may take between an hour and a few days. The
membership notification will be emailed to you once sponsored.

> Many people are applying for groups without ever doing any of the
> joining requirements.  This is a problem the Ambassadors group has
> been looking at.

Is anyway that we can send the message to those people, asking to follow
the process which they might accidentally skip?

Then for those who still do not respond, we can safely deny them.

noriko