Problem with cvs commit on cvs.fedoraproject.org

Asgeir Frimannsson asgeirf at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 23:35:18 UTC 2008

Hi Kjartan,

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 07:35:39 pm Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> Two things I need some help with
>
> - I went through the process to create a fedora account so I could take
> on the role as team lead for the norwegian translations. All steps were
> done but I don't know what to do to get myself listed as the coordinator
> for this language.

Please read the following FAQ entry and follow the steps listed there:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/FAQ#head-0616c0b22d01da2df48ca0a9b16fcd7f8f5215f0

> - cvs commits fail on cvs.fedoraprojects.org:
>
> [kmaraas at localhost po]$ cvs -z3 commit -m "Update translation" nb.po
> **** Access allowed: kmaraas is in ACL for comps/po.
> Checking in nb.po;
> /cvs/pkgs/comps/po/nb.po,v  <--  nb.po
> new revision: 1.7; previous revision: 1.6
> done
> cvs commit: cannot read /cvs/pkgs/comps/po/CVS/fileattr: Permission
> denied
>
> Any ideas?

The commit didn't fail:
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/comps/po/nb.po?r1=1.6&r2=1.7

However, there seems to be an issue with some file permissions on the CVS
server. Can anyone confirm this problem?

Hope this helps!

cheers,
asgeir