deployment guide

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 13:53:07 UTC 2008

2008/7/18 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
> My personal opinion (with my blue fedora on) is that the Deployment
> Guide is not much of an asset to Red Hat, since people can essentially
> get the same documentation around the web (granted, with different
> levels of quality).

It's true. I solved my administration problems searching in the web.
But a guide like that has it all in one place. :-)
What about writing one from the ground up?

> It's not as big a value as something like the
> Cluster or GFS guides, and it requires much less work for the community
> to maintain with Red Hat as participants, to whatever extent they like.

I don't use cluster and GFS so I don't know their value. I have to
learn to use them (maybe I'm missing something important).

> With my red fedora back on, I know that many people have devoted many
> hours to working on that material.  So it's important that they see
> working with the community on the Deployment Guide as a win, and not a
> failure.

This is an issue.

Thank you, Paul.

Regards