No commit to /cvs/elvis/specspo possible

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Wed Mar 5 00:02:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Peter Reuschlein
<fedora-ml at reuschlein.de> wrote:
> Hi together,
>
>  i just tried to commit some changes to the moved elvis specspo (now
>  located at /cvs/elvis/specspo. But im currently not allowed
>
>  [15:10] <mmcgrath> petreu: you're not in the "specspo" group to commit.
>  [15:10] <petreu> hmm
>  [15:11] <mmcgrath> technically "cvsspecspo"
>
>  Who do i have to sleep with to get access to that group. Or is it
>  restricted to the transifex system.
>
>  Specspo files are pretty big so its much more comfortable to commit them
>  via cvs.

Submitting to specspo should work fine via Transifex. If not, please
let me know.

In terms of command line: We discussed this briefly in the meeting,
and I also got Infra's feedback. Permissions to a repo is not
something we can decide -- it's the maintainer's call. If some
translators feel more comfortable using the command line for specspo
(and any other module), they can request membership to the respective
FAS group (in this case cvsspecspo). This is something a translator
could always do, and will be able to do. Transifex doesn't substitute
our existing processes, it only allows us to overcome this step of
creating accounts.

Technically we could do it if it's very important, but it will put
more work on Infra, something I'm trying to avoid as much as possible.
Since the web interface works, until the CLI lands, I'd suggest to
keep things simple and work with the existing solutions we have.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/