About translating system-config-users...

Runa Bhattacharjee runab at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 15:06:52 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Makoto Mizukami (mmk9060 at aol.com) said:
>> I have found out that there are sentences of GPL license in system-config-users.
>> Is it better to translate it?  Or can I leave it untranslated?
>> Please tell me.
>
> IANAL, but I believe that translated copies of licenses have no standing unless
> they are done by lawyers. So I'd leave it alone.

The strings are not legal  text per se, but contains information about the license under which the
software has been distributed and how one can get a copy of the license if it is not available with
the software. I normally translate the text, but leave the postal address in English.

hth

regards
Runa

--
blog: http://runab.livejournal.com

irc:
runa on Red Hat
mishti or runa_b on Freenode, Gimpnet, Mozilla, LinuxChix