how to build release-note

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 14:16:39 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 03:11:21PM +0100, Geert Warrink wrote:
> > It does require common entities to be translated to get full, correct
> > content.  But all the appropriate locales are listed so that this should
> > build properly.  If the translator has not translated the common
> > entities, release notes should still build correctly.
>
> > Doing 'make html' seems to work fine here.
>
> > Can you 'git clone' the release-notes and fedora-doc-utils (docs-common)
> > repositories in a fresh location and test them there?
>
> > --
> > Paul W. Frields
> >  gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
> >  http://paul.frields.org/   -  -   http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
> >  irc.freenode.net: stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug
>
> In a fresh location I did:
>
>   git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/release-notes

Missing a step here:
 git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-doc-utils docs-common

>   cd release-notes/
>   git checkout -b dutch
>   make html

I updated the release-notes repo instructions a little while back to
reflect this:
http://fedorahosted.org/release-notes

When there is time post-F10 release we will try again to make publican
the basis for these documents.  We'll probably add a rule to the
document Makefile that lets people know they need publican if so.

For that matter, I could add a rule for the above fedora-doc-utils
repo now -- I'll see if I can make time for this today if possible.