Introduction: Og Maciel

Og Maciel ogmaciel at gnome.org
Tue Oct 14 12:32:34 UTC 2008

My name is Og Maciel, born in Brazil but living in the United States
since 1991. Graduated from Pace University with a BS in Biochemistry
in 1997. Married since 2000 and father of two wonderful girls!

Been involved with Open Source, and more specifically with the
Brazilian community since 2005, thanks to incentive from Stephan
Hermann. Started as a translator for the Brazilian Team, eventually
being appointed as the administrator, and proud leader of the team
until 2007.

Currently I work exclusively with upstream projects, committing
Brazilian Portuguese translations to GNOME and XFCE, as well as
helping out with Openbox and KDE translations. I also maintain a
project called BillReminder <billreminder.gnulinuxbrasil.org>, where I
get to flex my programming muscles whenever I have some free time.

I look forward to working together with other translation folks and
helping out with the ever going process of translations.

Cheers,
--
Og B. Maciel

omaciel at foresightlinux.org