Access to new git repos

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 16:20:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 15:44 +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> Paul W. Frields さんは書きました:
> > If you are translating content for the Release Notes or Installation
> > Guide that have been relocated to Fedora Hosted, you do *not* need to
> > join any additional Fedora Account System groups.  You can submit PO
> > files through Transifex as needed.  If you prefer to check out the
> > content manually and provide PO files through Transifex, you can do an
> > anonymous checkout of a repository with this command:
> >
> > git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/release-notes
>
> I might be bit behind, though I tried to obtain PO file for
> release-notes and start working, and found no change in PO file.
> Did I miss something?
>
> git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/release-notes
> [noriko at noriko git]$ ls
> release-notes
> [noriko at noriko git]$ msgfmt -cvo /dev/null release-notes/po/ja.po
> 812 translated messages.

Hi Noriko,

I don't think you're that behind.  We have had some significant
difficulties getting the release notes material together this release.
Partly this is because beat writers have been scarce.  Partly this is
because we have tried to shift our workflow to using publican, with
mixed results.

Right now there is one remaining blocker, which is a problem with a
particular piece of XML content that's triggering a bug in xml2po, with
which our project toolchain creates POT/PO files.  Once we have that
fixed we can get the POT updated and make it available.

Karsten Wade is spearheading things as usual, but I have some time to
help this weekend (finally!) and am working on the POT issue.  I believe
the bug in xml2po is fixed in Rawhide so once I get a system updated
here to use it, we should be well on our way.

--
Paul W. Frields