ko.po and new language
Paul W. Frields
stickster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 13:42:48 UTC 2008
On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 14:19 +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> Hi Jared and Paul
> Thank you so much adding new ko.po.
> Does the Korean translator need to translate something for docs-common?
> Any procedure to follow, if some language translator likes to fresh
> start of release note translation?
I'm glad you raised this issue. We need to figure out a procedure that
will allow this process to continue.
* We have pledged not to require translators to learn a new SCM system
like git just to participate.
* Translators can download existing POT and PO files through Tx.
* Translators can submit PO files through Tx as well.
* The content of the docs-common system is *not* well localized into a
single "po/" folder with LINGUAS, docs-common.pot, etc.
* In the past, we've given specific instructions in the TQSG on how
translators can create new common content by using CVS directly.
* We don't want translators to have to learn git to continue doing
* We may want to backport the changes in our git repository of common
materials into CVS, and let translators continue to use that.
I've brought these issues up in a message to the Docs team this morning
in the hopes that people will meet during the day today (and at the
formal Docs team meeting) to resolve these issues quickly.
Paul W. Frields
gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
http://paul.frields.org/ - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
irc.freenode.net: stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/attachments/20081022/6d25f83b/attachment.bin
More information about the trans