suspected string freeze break

Asgeir Frimannsson asgeirf at redhat.com
Wed Sep 24 07:40:54 UTC 2008

----- "Dimitris Glezos" <dimitris at glezos.com> wrote:

> 2008/9/24 Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com>:
> > 2008/9/24 Noriko Mizumoto <noriko at redhat.com>:
> >> *system-config-firewall
> >> POT-Creation-Date: 2008-09-19 17:10+0200
> >
> > I guess this creation-date info has been taken from Damned Lies. DL
> > isn't reliable since POTs are created there often. Looking at the
> VCS
> > the developer *has* indeed updated the POT file but he hasn't
> > introduced any new strings.
> >

> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/system-config-firewall.git?p=system-config-firewall.git;a=commitdiff;h=fa95156611dbb423a9d0c4c257cc0e235b04d0b7#patch57
>
> Oops. My bad. Didn't look carefully enough. It does change some
> strings:
>
> > +msgid "Protocol Type:"
> > +msgstr ""
>
> Noriko, thanks for letting us know. I'll send an email to Thomas.

I had a look at this earlier as well, and (in defense of the developer) it seems to be only changes in the source code, not actual string changes. If translatable strings are moved around in the source code, the order of messages in the POT might also change, making the 'diff' hard to read. Ideally, we should perhaps ask developers not to commit regenerated POT files after string-freeze, unless they have got a +1 on a string-freeze break?

cheers,
asgeir