Fedora 11 Installation Guide ready for translation

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Thu Apr 16 02:02:38 UTC 2009

Hi all;

Just letting you all know that the Fedora 11 Installation Guide is now ready and available for translation:

https://translate.fedoraproject.org/tx/projects/docs-install-guide/f11-tx/

We're not expecting any large changes to the guide between now and release, but the PO files will be refreshed on 28 April to reflect any errors that we find up to that time.

The final deadline for translations is 14 May, with a week after that allowed for corrections:

http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-11/f-11-docs-and-trans-tasks.html

This document is substantially longer than previous versions of the Fedora Installation Guide, thanks to content imported from the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Installation Guide. This has allowed us to detail the installation process and its options in far greater detail than has been possible in the past. For languages supported by Red Hat, we've been able to import translations of most of this new material as well.

The Installation Guide is now at least partially translated into 35 languages! Test builds showing the current state of translations will be available within the next few hours from:

http://rlandmann.fedorapeople.org/Installation%20Guide/

Many thanks to all our translators for your hard work so far, and thanks in advance for your work on this new version of the guide :)

Cheers
Ruediger, on behalf of the Installation Guide project