Help with strange error in smolt.master-smoon.messages.po

Xavi Conde xavi.conde at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 12:46:12 UTC 2009

Hi,

2009/8/21 Rui Gouveia <rui.gouveia at globaltek.pt>:
> Hi,
>
> In the file smolt.master-smoon.messages.po, in the line:
>
> #: hardware/templates/deviceclass.html:19
> #, python-format
> msgid "% hosts detected ${type}"
> msgstr "% máquinas detectadas ${type}"
>
> I get this error:
>
> $ msgfmt -c smolt.master-smoon.messages.po
> smolt.master-smoon.messages.po:44: 'msgstr' is not a valid Python format
> string, unlike 'msgid'. Reason: In the directive number 1, the character 'm'
> is not a valid conversion specifier.

I understand that the original string means "percentage of hosts
detected". If that's it, maybe the translation should be "%% máquinas
detectadas", since to write '%' on screen the percentage character
must be escaped. Anyway, it looks like a bug in the original string.
Alternativeley, remove the #,python-format tag.

Regards!

--
"There's no dark side of the moon, really. As a matter of fact, it's all dark."

Un bloc de cinépatas: http://banda-aparte.blog-city.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/xaviconde