New project: multimedia-menus

Piotr Drąg piotrdrag at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 15:23:59 UTC 2009

W dniu 25.08.2009 04:38, Orcan Ogetbil pisze:
>> One question, please :-)
>> Why this package belongs to 'Various' collection but not 'Fedora 12'
>> collection?
>>
> Good question. I don't have the answer. I am very new to translation
> side of Fedora. But from what I can tell (I have contributed to many
> parts of Fedora), this is the most organized one :)
> I see that the string freeze has passed and I was late. That might be
> the reason why it is not included in Fedora 12 collection. I don't
> know how to or if I am allowed to include it in. Do I need to ask for
> a freeze break?

That's because Fedora-XX collections are what they are just by the
traditional Core-Extras principle. I can move multimedia-menus to Fedora
12 at any time if you want it.

Although we need to start a discussion about how to organize our
translations. Are we going to still use rules abandoned by the rest of
the project or we will figure out some new? Only about 5 of over 60
components of Fedora-XX are using proper branches. Some of Fedora-XX
packages are not strictly following our freeze policies, and some of
Various are, even if they are not hosted on our servers. Websites were
separated from software some time ago, and they are branched as well.

--
Piotr Drąg
http://raven.pmail.pl